Special Events Lined Up for Lucas Oil World
The 2019 Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show will feature a variety of events and activities in and out of the arena for competitors and spectators.
Courtesy of AQHA
The 2019 Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show is an exciting event that you won’t want to miss. Top athletes from across the globe will compete for nearly $2 million in awards and prizes at this year’s event November 7-23 at OKC Fairgrounds in Oklahoma City.
Not only can Lucas Oil World attendees look forward to watching the top equestrians and American Quarter Horses compete in the arena, but this year’s Lucas Oil World is filled with new and exciting special events.
AQHA World Show Trade Show
Take a break from the action in the arenas to enjoy the free Trade Show, which features more than 100 vendors from across the United States, selling home décor, jewelry, tack, western attire, trailers and more in the Bennett Events Center. The Trade Show will also showcase the AQHA Champions Circle, presented by Joe’s Kansas City Bar-B-Que, Stehney Quarter Horses and Smith Show Horses, on days that have Level 3 finals before 3 p.m. Special events within the Trade Show include the United Kennel Club Super SPOT Games, featuring dock jumping and SPOT evaluations. There are some great places to relax, too, like the Saloon and Beach bar, along with four concessions, a coffee bar and much more.
Free Ride the Pattern Clinics, presented by Nutrena
AQHA Professional Horsemen from around the country are teaming up to provide free Ride the Pattern Clinics, presented by Nutrena, at the Lucas Oil World. During the clinics, Professional Horsemen explain to the audience how they would complete a specific pattern from that show. The clinicians and tentative schedule for the Ride the Pattern clinics are available online and at the show office.
A variety of special events will also take place during the show. Be sure to mark your calendar before traveling to Oklahoma City.
November 9-11 – United Kennel Club will host the Super SPOT Games, featuring dock jumping and SPOT evaluations, in the Bennett Event Center.
Saturday, November 9 – Lucas Oil World Match Roping and Mutton Bustin’ finals at 5 p.m. in the Jim Norick Arena. The producer of the Paramount Network TV series “Yellowstone,” Taylor Sheridan, will also be recognized with the AQHA Spirit Award during the match roping.
Tickets for the Match Roping are available at State Fair Park and are not included with a Lucas Oil World show pass.
(Twenty-five youth entries will be selected before the show to participate in the Mutton Bustin’. The prelims will be held after the Level 3 junior heeling finals and the top five contestants will return to the finals that evening. Click here for more information.)
Meet team ropers Chad Masters, Joseph Harrison, Trey Yates and J.D. Yates from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Bennett Event Center. Rodeo entertainer JJ Harrison will also be available to sign autographs, along with author Dr. Rebekah Hartfield, who is sponsoring the Mutton Bustin’.
- Sunday, November 10 – Church Service 10 a.m. in the Sales Pavilion.
- Monday, November 11 – Exhibitor Party beginning at 4 p.m. in the Bennett Event Center, sponsored by Oklahoma Convention & Visitors Bureau.
- Monday, November 11 – Wear red for Veteran’s Day to pay tribute to the men and women who have served our country; military personnel and spouses get in free on November 11.
- Wednesday, November 13 – Wear blue to show your support for the American Quarter Horse Foundation. Lucas Oil World attendees are invited to join the Foundation at the Foundation Wine & Cheese Reception at the Foundation Booth in the Super Barn from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Friday, November 15 – Rein in Cancer Pink Night: Wear pink to support horsemen and -women who have fought cancer; the Rein in Cancer Frisbee toss will take place during the evening finals in the Jim Norick Arena (Frisbees will be sold on the fairgrounds during the show.)
- Saturday, November 16 – AQHA Collegiate Judging Contest at 8 a.m. in the Performance Arena.
- Saturday, November 16 – Lucas Oil Superhorse Presentation
- Saturday, November 16 – Pleasure Versatility Challenge, brought to you by Terry Bradshaw Quarter Horses, following the Level 3 senior reining finals in the Jim Norick Arena
- Sunday, November 17 – AQHA Awards Celebration at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City; Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 17 – Church Service at 10 a.m. in the Sales Pavilion
- Monday, November 18 – Team Wrangler Night and Team Wrangler Versatility Contest at 6 p.m. in Jim Norick Arena
- Monday, November 18 – Exhibitor Party beginning at 4 p.m. in the Bennett Event Center, sponsored by Shane Rux Photography
- Friday, November 22 – AQHA All-Around Amateur presentation
- Saturday, November 23 – Oklahoma City Leading Owner presentation
Times, dates and locations are subject to change at the discretion of show management. For more information on events, receptions and parties, view the tentative schedule.
AQHA will also crown the 2019 Lucas Oil Superhorse, AQHA All-Around Amateur, Oklahoma City Leading Owner and top Ranching Heritage-bred horses throughout the show.
Stay up to date with the Lucas Oil Superhorse and AQHA All-Around Amateur leaderboards on www.aqha.com/worldshow.
Can’t Make It to Oklahoma City?
Be sure to tune in to the free live webcast to watch all the action from the Jim Norick and Performance arenas at www.aqha.com/worldshow. You’ll also find the best coverage of the show, results and more!
About the Lucas Oil World
The Lucas Oil World is a pinnacle event for American Quarter Horse owners and exhibitors across the globe. Each November, thousands of competitors and their horses convene at Oklahoma State Fair Park in Oklahoma City for the Lucas Oil World. Competitors must reach a predetermined number of points to secure a spot in each of the classes. Competitors and their American Quarter Horses compete all year long to qualify for the honor of participating at this annual event and represent the disciplines of English, western and halter. The Lucas Oil World also hosts the Adequan® AQHA Level 2 Championships for open and amateur exhibitors.
Lucas Oil is a proud sponsor of the Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show. Visit www.lucasoil.com for more information on Lucas Oil products.
AQHA News and information is a service of the American Quarter Horse Association. For more news and information, follow @AQHAnews on Twitter and visit www.aqha.com/news.