Meet the 2020-2021 Team Wrangler
AQHA introduces the 2020-2021 Team Wrangler, a collection of elite AQHA Professional Horsemen who will promote the American Quarter Horse and the western lifestyle through educational outreach.
Courtesy of American Quarter Horse Association
As a joint effort between Wrangler and the American Quarter Horse Association, Team Wrangler promotes educational outreach for the horse industry. The 2020-2021 team is as versatile as the American Quarter Horse, comprising top AQHA Professional Horsemen from across disciplines – from halter to all-around and roping to racing.
This year’s team is comprised of professional horsemen selected through one of the following criteria:
- Fan favorite vote that allowed members to choose their top 12 professionals for the team through a Facebook vote.
- Top point earners category where the top individual in the six categories of halter, pattern, timed events, over fences, rail and cattle from the 2018 and 2019 world show qualifying period were selected for the team.
- MVP selection where six professionals were chosen by the Professional Horsemen’s Council from the pool of Most Valuable Professionals of each affiliate between 2018-2019.
Together, they create the 24-person team that comprises Team Wrangler and promote the American Quarter Horse throughout 2020-2021.
The members of the 2020-2021 Team Wrangler are:
- Elizabeth Clavette of Iva, South Carolina
- Todd Marler of El Paso, Texas
- Tom McBeath of Union, Mississippi
- C.R. Bradley of Collinsville, Texas
- Andrey Ferreir of Loxahatchee, Florida
- Mary Casey Brown of Cleveland, Alabama
- Luke Jones of Allerton, Iowa
- Clayton Jerrell of Kevil, Kentucky
- Brea Hodge-Morgan of Friendsville, Tennessee
- Ricky Ramirez of Millsap, Texas
- G.R. Carter Jr. of Oklahoma City
- Clay Logan of Granbury, Texas
- Marty Simper of Ogden, Utah
- Josh Little of Mebane, North Carolina
- Rob Meneely of Conyers, Georgia
- Eugene Spagnola of Harwinton, Connecticut
- Christopher Gray of Spring Mills, Pennsylvania
- Jimmy Daurio of Pueblo, Colorado
- Tom Robertson of Saline, Michigan
- Tommy Sheets of New Albany, Indiana
- Tommy Brian-Buckner of Bastrop, Texas
- Chuck Briggs of Azle, Texas
- Keith Miller of Reidsville, North Carolina
- J.D. Yates of Pueblo, Colorado
At the 2019 Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship Show, Wrangler donated $20,000 to the American Quarter Horse Foundation scholarship fund. This donation will help provide scholarships to children of AQHA Professional Horsemen.
AQHA members have a spirit of hard work, respect for others and dedication to doing a job right. Wrangler shares that same spirit and has established its brand to be synonymous with the western way of life. Wrangler supports your lifestyle by sponsoring the Lucas Oil AQHA World Championship show, the Built Ford Tough AQHYA World Championship Show, the AQHA Level 1 Championships and by contributing money to support youth scholarships through the American Quarter Horse Foundation. Wrangler is proud to be an AQHA corporate partner – and the official jeans and shirts of AQHA.